The Edward E. Mitchell Memorial Scholarship, is awarded to deserving Hartford-area male high school students who have demonstrated an interest in the fine arts (eg. theater, music, art) and have a strong academic performance. The amount of the award is $1,500 per recipient and the number of recipients may vary each year based on the number applicants and the scholarship funding balance at the opening of that year’s application process.
- African American or Hispanic male high school seniors
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater ( 4.0 grade scale)
- Involvement in school, community or church that showcases interest in musical and/or fine arts
- Enrollment at a 4-year college/university.
Application Packet Checklist:
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Electronic copy of applicant’s official transcript
- Personal statement addressing the following topic: “What impact has the FINE ARTS had on YOUR life?”
- Essays should be no more than 400 words.
- ALL full application packets must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (they must have in the subject line, “YOUR full name – Edward E. Mitchell Scholarship Application”)
Deadline: April 30
Award Date: May 15
The scholarship application may be accessed here.